Thursday, October 15, 2009

I wish I could eat fruit, right off the core. That's the problem with braces, really. It severely limits your menu. Apples? Don't think about biting into one. Nectarines? Yeah, if you want to rearrange what took four months to move. Caramels--a thing of the past. Carrots--ouch, just thinking about it hurts. Peppermints, gum? No, you shall live without freshened breath!

I'm tired of talking about my "accomplishments" in the past tense. You know--"this one summer, I lost 30 pounds"; "when I went to London"; "In high school, I..."; "In college..." I'm sick of living on the memory of things I used to do. And it's not like any of them were that big. I'm 23, and what do I really have to show for it?

A degree. Ok, so that's legitimate. But there's a plethora of people out there with an education, and they actually know things. Most of the time, I wonder if I've learned anything in my life from formal education. Probably not. But then, I start talking to people (girls, mostly) and I discover---I was wrong. I am educated. I know things.

I went to London, alone. Also legit. However--that time has passed. It was 10 days across the pond--five months ago. It was amazing, and the time there was so worthwhile, and taught me so much--but what have I done with what I've learned?

I'm deciding that things are going to happen again, because I will make them, if I have to. I just have to find the sticking factor--find that thing that helps me hold on; my perseverance, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment